Red Wine Collection 2019
El Grifo, Listán Negro, Tinto Colección 2019
The Listán Negro grape variety (aside from being pre-phylloxera and planted directly in soil without been engrafted) is exclusive to the Canary Islands. El Grifo’s Listán Negro grapevines are 45 to 60 years old, grown under a layer of volcanic ash. In Lanzarote, this variety gives rise to unique, highly aromatic and pleasant wines.
For a decade now, El Grifo produces an excellent Listán Negro red wine by processing uniform batches of grapes, not crushing the grapes to avoid breaking the immature or very ripe berries in the bunches, shortening the maceration periods, keeping control over the fermentation temperatures and separating the skins from the must before alcoholic fermentation has ended. Then we transfer the wine to 500 litre French oak barrels to age it for two months.
Colour: Ruby red with medium intensity, clear and bright.
Aroma: Notes of raspberry and dairy with a toasted base.
Taste: Fresh and smooth in the mouth, light and Atlantic.
|Total Acidity||4.2 g/L|
|Total SO2||62 mg/L|
- 2021. Concours Mondial Bruxelles. Plata
- 2020. Mondial Des Vins Extremes-CERVIM. Oro
- 2019. Mondial Des Vins Extremes-CERVIM. Oro
- 2018. Berliner Wein Trophy. Oro
- 2014. Concours Mondial Bruxelles. Oro
- 2013. Mondial Des Vins Extremes-CERVIM. Plata
- 2010. Bacchus. Plata
- 2010 X Concurso Les Citadelles Du Vin. Prestige