Ana Muscatel 50 cl
El Grifo, Moscatel de Ana
Sweet white wine, made from Muscat of Alexandria grapes from pre-phylloxera vines that are 100-150 years old, grown in holes under volcanic lava holes called ‘chabocos’. The grapes are dried in the sun and then aged using the solera system, which we’ve been using since 1880.
Limited production of 3,578 bottles.
This naturally sweet wine was made with grapes from our oldest Muscat grapevines (some date back to the 19t century), which grow in holes in a layer of volcanic lava called ‘chabocos’ or ‘jameos’.
After a raisining process by drying in the sun and subsequent maceration with the skins, fermentation is arrested through the addition of wine alcohol once the residual sugar has reached 95 g/L. It has undergone a lengthy oxidative ageing process, which takes at least 30 years in 500-litre French oak barrels.
This wine is named after Ana Brito, who was born in El Grifo in 1880 – the year our first oxidatively aged Muscat dates back to.
Colour: Amber with orange reflections, clear and bright.
Aroma: Complex, with oxidative notes, dried nuts.
Taste: Candied fruits, aromatic herbs, with a long and elegant finish. A perfect balance between its natural acidity and slight sweetness.
|Residual Sugar||80 g/L|
|Total Acidity||6.7 g/L|
|Total SO2||50 mg/L|
- 2022. Mondial des Vins Extremes. Gold.
- 2021. Bacchus (España), Gold
- 2021. Berliner Wein Trophy (Alemania). Gold
- 2020. Mundus Vini (Alemania), Gold
- 2020. Bacchus (España), Gold
- 2020. Berliner Wein Trophy (Alemania). Gold
- 2016. Concours Mondial Bruxelles (Bélgica), Grand Gold
- 2016. Vinalies Internationales (Francia), Grand Gold
- 2016. Challenge International du Vin (Francia), Silver
- 2016. Mundus Vini (Alemania), Gold
- 2016 Berliner Wein Trophy (Alemania), Silver
- 2016 Bacchus (España), Gold
- 2015 Cervim (Italia), Silver