El Grifo Tinto Ariana 2016 75cl
Prices may vary according to country of residence
Red wine, oak aged, with a symbiosis of both varieties. The Listán Negro contributes the Atlantic character, fresh and alive, while the Syrah, cultivated right at the “El Grifo” bodega contributes the necessary structure for barrel aging. Each variety has a different vintage, and thus, they are fermented separately. During the month of September we carry out the Coupage of both wines and it is put into 500l. French oak barrels. There, the malolactic fermentation and vintage begin (between 3 and 6 months depending on the needs of each vintage year). We aim to provide it with a greater complexity and balance between the fruit and wood. Production finishes with a vintage period in the bottle, making it a rounded and creamy wine.
Residual sugars: < 2 g/l
Tartaric acid level: 6.5 g/l
A wide and unique wine, representative of its artisan vine-growing technique, yielding a small limited production by means of labour-intensive work. It has outstanding harmony among fruity and toated aromas. Perfect for pairing with red meats, venison and sancocho canario stew, as well as an impressive end of meal.
- Colour: Rich elegant red of middle intensity.
- Bouquet: A unique wine, complex due to the coupage of both varieties and its oak-barrel aging. Red fruits such as black currant or raspberry, hints of toasted toffee and caramel. Penetrating and with Atlantic character due to its freshness.
- Palette: Appetising entry, fresh and balanced, with ripe tannins which lengthen its journey.
- 2016. Berliner Wein Trophy. Oro ( Ariana tinto 2014 )
- 2016. Challenge International du Vin. Plata
- 2015. Berliner Wein Trophy. Oro
- 2014. Monde Selection (Bruselas). Oro.
- 2013. Cervim (Italia). Plata.
- 2013 Zarcillo (Valladolid). Plata.
- 2012. Berliner Wein Trophy. Oro
- 2012. Vinalies (París). Plata
- 2012. IberWine. Madrid. Gran Oro
- 2010. X Concurso Internacional Les Citadelles du Vin. Prestige.
- 2009. Premios Zarcillo. Oro.